RSX/DC5 Big Brake KitRegular price Sale price $750.00
Made To Order Item: Current Lead Time 3-4 weeks
Track and Street proven, beautifully powder coated calipers of your color choice. Huge pad to rotor surface contact, better heat dissipation, perfect for your daily driven, track, or show car. Our TL-S Caliper Kit is a turn-key solution for an affordably priced Big Brake Kit using off-the-shelf rotors and pads perfectly mated together as Honda intended. No permanent modifications required to your vehicle, our kit is 100% reversible. No need to spend thousands of dollars on aftermarket brake kits or buying "JDM" brands than having to spend hundreds on hard-to-find pads.
Beware of bargain imitation kits of ours providing improper spec rotors. Undersized and not properly centered within the caliper you will run into issues over time with those. No one else offers the custom shim and CNC machined calipers like we do. Our kit will center a TL-S rotor, this is what the caliper has been designed for and you should never run a different rotor with this application. You get what you pay for in the end, don't shortchange your safety.
HOW TO BUY
STEP 1 - Purchase the RSX Big Brake Kit
STEP 2 - FREE SHIPPING
STEP 3 - Choose your color or not!
- Contact Us for our current inventory of powder coat colors.
- Don't like any in our inventory? Find a color code at PrismaticPowders.com.
- Enter color code in the Order Notes section before checkout.
- There is an additional $25 charge to order powder if we do not have it.
DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATIONS
Compatibility: Our product fits most all 5-lug Honda/Acura models. Confirmed models so far: Civic, RSX, S2000, TSX, Accord, NSX, etc. Contact Us if you have questions about your specific application. BBK friendly wheels are most likely to clear the new larger caliper. Typically lower offset wheels will clear just fine. Wheel designs do also play a factor in the clearance, every make/specification/design is slightly different. You will need approximately 4" of clearance between the wheel spokes to the caliper mounting face on the knuckle, click here for a photo that should be self-explanatory.
Common Wheels and Clearance Info:
Hub Information: TL-S rotors require a 5.488" hub flange diameter or smaller. If your vehicle utilizes a larger hub flange such as 5.75", the TL-S rotors will not fit. You will be required to swap to a smaller diameter hub or find a different rotor for this application (not recommended).
- Advan RZ II ... 18x8.5+31 ... OK
- Desmond Regamaster EVO ... 17x9+18 ... OK
- Enkei NT03 ... 18x9.5+27 ... 7mm spacer
- Enkei RPF1 ... 17x8+45 ... OK
- Enkei RPF1 ... 17x8.5+35 ... OK
- Enkei RPF1 ... 17x9+22 ... 3mm spacer
- Evo 8 OEMs ... 17x8+35 ... OK
- Gram Lights 57DR ... 17x9+22 ... OK
- SSR GTV02 ... 17x8+33 ... OK
- Volk Racing CE28N ... 18x8.5+30 ... 5mm spacer
- Volk Racing TE37 ... 17x8.5+30 ... OK
- Volk Racing TE37 ... 17x9+22 ... OK
- Volk Racing TE37 ... 17x9.5+12 ... OK
- Volk Racing TE37 ... 17x9.5+35 ... OK
- Work Emotion CR Kai ... 17x8+45 ... OK
- Work Emotion CR Kiwami ... 17x9+38 ... 8mm spacer
Complete Kit Includes:
- TL-S 4-piston Calipers milled to our specs
» Calipers re-threaded (no need to drill your OEM knuckle)
- 4x OEM caliper bolts to fit the new threads
- 2x Stainless Steel Rotor Shims (perfectly centers your TL-S rotors within the caliper)
- 2x "BREMBO" or "ACURA" Decals (only included with powder coating service)
Why Powder coating? This is not required but is necessary if you want a factory-new finish. If no powder coating is added to your Caliper Kit, they will arrive in a raw aluminum finish. We have a 1 or 2-coat Powdercoat option - certain colors require 2 coats of powder to achieve the desired color effect. Contact us for our in-stock colors.
Required and Optional Parts: Rotors and pads are not included in the base kit. Rotors and pads must be TL-S Brembo specification parts, can be any brand as long as they are the Brembo spec parts. OEM brake lines will work however most of our customers choose to upgrade to Stainless Steel lines while they are doing a brake overhaul. If you choose to get SS lines, purchase for your vehicle chassis, do not purchase TL-S lines.